Fall 2013 Grant Distribution
The Foundation is interested in receiving applications from organizations that support a broad range of community enrichment opportunities and respond to changing community needs.
Projects must benefit citizens of the greater Williamsburg area including the City of Williamsburg, James City County, and York County.
Prospective grantees are encouraged to submit grant requests for a Community Endowment Grant (up to $5,000) and/or one or more of the following Field-of-Interest grants:
- Williamsburg Fund for Women and Girls Grant (up to $2,000)
The fund is interested in receiving proposals from nonprofit organizations providing direct services to women and/or girls in the following areas:
- Services that provide training in financial literacy and job training that helps low-wage women/girls achieve economic security,
- Services for women and/or girls whose lives have been adversely affected by economic conditions
- Services to homeless women and/or girls,
- Services to women and/or girls with physical and/or mental illness,
- Substance abuse prevention/treatment programs for women and/or girls.
- Priority will be given to programs for teens and adult women.
Grants will not support programs in the arts/humanities or scholarships.
- McGiffert Fund for the Musical Performing Arts Grant ($1,500)
The fund will support grants in the musical performing arts with a preference to programs that provide vocal performances for adult audiences.
- Transportation Grant (up to $5,000)
The fund would like to receive proposals from organizations that provide cost effective and convenient transportation to individuals residing in the greater Williamsburg area so that they may participate in matters of importance to the life and well being of residents of the service area. Nonprofit organizations and government entities are eligible to apply for grants.
Rules for submitting applications:
- Read carefully the Grant Guidelines and Policies before completing the Grant Application and Budget Forms.
- Download the Grant Application and Budget Form.
- Both application and budget forms must be filled out completely for an applicant to be considered.
- If you are applying for more than one grant opportunity, please fill out a separate application and budget form for each grant.
- Submit an original and twelve collated copies of your application and budget forms.
- Applications must be postmarked by, or hand delivered by noon on Wednesday, July 25, 2013.
- Applications by E-mail will not be accepted.
Please contact Nancy Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or to review your proposed project in advance of the grant deadline.
Organizations that receive funding will be notified about the Board's decision on September 21, 2013 or shortly thereafter. Grants will be presented at an award ceremony in mid October.